People make New Year’s resolutions for just about everything these days – so why not make some resolutions to upgrade your home? Improving the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system will add to your home’s comfort and prolong the life of the system while saving you money and energy.
Start the New Year off right by ensuring that the heating and air conditioning system in your home works properly throughout the year. A few simple New Year’s resolutions can lead to better efficiency and lower heating and cooling bills. Isn’t saving money on everyone’s list of resolutions?
To ensure your heat and air conditioning system works great throughout the year, resolve to do these things in 2017…
- Have the system serviced by an HVAC professional for normal maintenance twice annually — once in the spring for cooling and once in the fall for heating. This can reduce the chance of equipment failure.
- Replace the filter monthly. Checking and changing your filter can help you avoid efficiency problems.
- If you have a heat pump, make sure leaves, grass and all other debris are clear from the unit outside.
- If your cooling or heating system is old, consider a proactive replacement.
- Don’t block the airflow by closing the vents in multiple rooms. Make sure all of your vents and returns are free from obstructions.
- Install a programmable thermostat. This can help lower energy usage during times when the family is sleeping or away from home.
- Making minor adjustments to your home’s air quality can also improve your family’s health.
Remember this year, when you are making your list of New Year’s resolutions to better yourself, be sure to include improving your home in the process. After all, home is where most of us spend the majority of our time.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday season and best wishes for a wonderful 2017!