Expert Dayton Furnace Repair
Reliable Furnace Replacements throughout Western Ohio
If you are searching for an HVAC professional that has the skills and experience to handle your furnace installation or repair correctly, turn to Korrect Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.. We’ve been providing Dayton residents with trustworthy furnace repair & replacement since 1950, and many of our technicians have been with our company for several years. You can count on us to get the job done right!
Call (937) 837-2333 today to request a free estimate for furnace replacement in Dayton, OH.
Signs Your Furnace Is Failing
Is your furnace giving you signals that it needs to be repaired or replaced? One of the most obvious signs of furnace malfunction is when it won't turn on or won't blow warm air. However, it is also a good idea to keep an eye out for more subtle signs that your furnace is in need of professional attention. Early detection of minor problems can go a long way in preventing more severe issues and expensive repairs.
Common signs your furnace needs to be repaired:
- Frequently cycling off and on - if your furnace starts the heating cycle but turns off during the start up phase, this is called "short cycling." This is a good indication that something is wrong with your heating system, and can potentially cause your energy bill to surge because it's not a very energy efficient way of warming your home.
- Sudden spike in utilities - it's normal for gas or electric (depending on the type of furnace you own) bills to be higher when you're using your heating system more frequently. However, if you see a dramatic surge in the bill, a faulty furnace could be the culprit.
- Strange noises or smells - if your furnace is making a lot of noise while running or you notices funny odors coming out of your vents, it's a good idea to call a service technician to take a look.
- Uneven heating - if you have cold patches throughout your home, that is a sign that your furnace isn't properly sized or is not functioning as well as it should be.
If you notice any of the above indications of a failing furnace, be sure to reach out to our HVAC experts right away. We will quickly diagnose the problem and talk you through your options for rectifying the issue.
Also, if your system is over 15 years old, it is probably not performing as efficiently or safely as it should. We can help you find a new furnace that will keep you warmer and save you money on energy costs.
Why Won’t My Furnace Turn On?
When the temperatures drop and winter is here, the last thing you want to deal with is a furnace that won’t turn on. This is a fairly common problem that many in Daytona face.
If your furnace won't start, troubleshoot by checking:
- Air Filters: Dirty air filters can block the air ducts, trapping the hot air. This can be one of the reasons why the furnace won’t work properly.
- Thermostat: The thermostat tells your furnace when to turn on. If the furnace isn’t working, the thermostat may need to be reset or replaced. Try adjusting the temperature 10 degrees higher to see if it’s a thermostat issue or something else.
- Circuit Breaker: Circuit breakers help protect your home from an electrical overload. If you use too many appliances and electricity at once, it might trip the circuit breaker. Check the breaker box to ensure everything is okay.
We Can Help You Maintain Your Furnace
All mechanical systems require regular maintenance to continue functioning properly. To protect your investment, you will want to make sure that your system is regularly checked and tuned. We offer a comfort care plan for residential and commercial customers.
Our residential service agreement includes:
- An 18-point inspection
- Burner cleaning and adjustment
- Identification of potential problems
- Service calls that work with your schedule
- Preferential treatment for emergencies
Our maintenance plans are designed to increase your system’s efficiency, reliability, and longevity. We highly recommend you take advantage of this plan to ensure you get the most out of your new system.
Experts at Your Service
Furnaces are one of those systems that you do not want to take any chances with. To ensure that your furnace repairs, service, and installations are taken care of correctly, reach out to Korrect Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc..