Indoor Air Quality in Dayton
Keep Your Home and Family Safe
Keeping your home’s indoor air quality at a good standard is incredibly important, but it’s often overlooked until there’s a serious problem. Letting your home’s air get to the point where you can notice a problem just by taking a breath can have serious health consequences, and you want to prevent that long before it gets to that point. If you can’t remember when the last time your ventilation was inspected or if you want to get ahead of any problems, call a professional today.
Call Korrect Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning at (937) 696-7096 today to schedule a service with one of our experienced technicians.
Our technicians at Korrect Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning have been providing families and businesses throughout Ohio with expert HVAC service for more than 70 years. We are committed to providing our customers with the honest and fair service they deserve – earning your loyalty as life-long customers is important to us, and we pride ourselves on earning that through quality service you can depend on. We do not offer duct cleaning services, so please reach out to learn more about the services and products we offer!
Indoor Air Purifiers
One of the best ways to combat poor air quality is with an air purifier. These high-efficiency units can help reduce the transmission of certain viruses, bacteria, and mold through your home's HVAC system. Some of the key benefits of installing an indoor air purifier in your home include:
- Removing pollutants: Air purifiers improve the air quality in your home by removing airborne particles like pollen, mold, bacterium, pet dander, allergens, and viruses.
- Improve your HVAC system's efficiency: These units can help keep your cooling coil cleaner, which will provide better airflow and improve the overall performance of your HVAC system.
Common Causes of Poor Air Quality
Air quality can be affected by a wide range of issues in and around your home. Some of the more common issues we’ve found include:
- Low-quality air filters
- A home without a humidifier can lead to very dry air during the heating season
- Old ductwork that hasn’t been cleaned
- The location of the home – if you live outside the city, you could experience higher levels of pollen and other allergens
- The way ducts are run in a home can influence how the air is distributed. This can lead to uneven temperatures between floors, especially in two-story homes.
- Damp basements or crawl spaces can lead to mold and mildew spores in the air
No matter what we find in your home, our technicians are equipped to fix the problem. Another major problem leading to poor air quality are pollutants.
Some common pollutants affecting your home’s air quality include:
- Combustion from wood-burning stoves, fireplaces, water heaters, and dryers
- Solvents from perfumes, fingernail polish and remover, any scented products, and cleaning products
- Pet dander, fur, and feathers can cause issues with allergies and asthma
- Outdoor sources that can find their way inside include dust, radon, molds, pesticides, lead, and building chemicals
Improve Your Home’s Air Quality with Korrect Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning
Depending on the severity of your air quality issues, you may want to consider installing additional equipment to help your current HVAC system’s performance. You may even want to look into reworking the ventilation ductwork in your home to help balance the temperature throughout your home and eliminate hot or cold pockets. No matter what, it’s important to regularly sweep, dust, and vacuum your home, especially if you have any pets. For more questions about the services we offer or if you’re ready to schedule your service, call us at (937) 696-7096 today!
Contact our technicians to schedule your indoor air quality service with Korrect Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today!