Is your bathroom beginning to look like its own horror flick? If you are starting to see broken or cracked tiles, damaged fixtures, peeling paint, watermarks, rust, leaks, or drippy faucets, then it’s past time for a bathroom remodel. While these issues are ugly to see, they also can invite unwanted guests such as mold, mildew, and insects into your home, and in many cases, can lead to bigger problems.
A bathroom is one of the most-used rooms in your home, so why not make it a place of comfort and convenience? Here are some of the top reasons it could be time to remodel your bathroom:
- Seeing evidence of mold and mildew on a regular basis may indicate larger issues. Where there is moisture, mold, and mildew will find it, especially when there is heat involved, as in a bathroom. Mold and mildew are types of fungi that are commonly found throughout our homes. They love moist environments and have a tendency to find every leak in your home before you do. If left unattended, these growths could become harmful to your family. Fixing leaks or drips can cut down on mold and mildew. Cracks, rust and broken fixtures can lead to leaks, making it important to fix them, as well.
- Is your bathroom stuck in the ‘80s? Another reason for a remodel is the presence of an outdated bathroom, especially if you are planning to place your house on the market. Removing wallpaper, adding a fresh coat of paint, replacing old fixtures, and installing a new tub and shower will increase your home’s value.
- Do you have aging family members or guests with mobility issues? Making a bathroom safe for those around you is important, even if that means doing some remodeling. Adding grab bars, plus a walk-in tub or shower, can prevent falls.
- Is there adequate space in your current bathroom? A simple remodel can create space in a bathroom for a growing family. Today’s tubs and showers are much more compact than they used to be.
- Think green. Maybe your bathroom is no longer environmentally friendly or energy-efficient. A bathroom remodel will help conserve water, especially if you replace old faucets and fixtures with newer, technologically advanced ones.
If you are thinking about a bathroom makeover, Korrect Inc. can either refresh your current bathroom, leaving the same layout of counters, tub, shower and toilet, or start with a blank space to create a whole new look. Call (937) 696-7096 for more information.