Drain lines are an important part of any plumbing system, and when they are ignored, it can lead to a big mess. Over time, drain lines can develop an accumulation of soap scum, hair, food particles, and any other debris that is pushed down in them. If you have large trees or bushes close to where the main drain runs from your home to the city sewer at the street, root buildup also may be a problem that periodically needs attention.
Drain cleaning is very important, and it should be done by a professional on a regular basis to prevent repair work that could cost you a lot of money down the road. Unfortunately, it’s common for a company or an individual to take advantage of a homeowner when it comes to drain cleaning. Customers are told that a drain problem is worse than it really is. How do you know when you are being lied to?
Follow These Tips to Avoid Scams:
- Pay attention to the questions a service person asks; they shouldn’t ask you any personal questions. Some companies prey upon the elderly and those who are widowed.
- When a service person arrives, don’t let them out of your sight. Sometimes a company will send two people – one to speak to you about your problem and one to make it look like you have a problem.
- Find a service company that offers a camera inspection…but pay attention to the video. Make sure you are not watching a false video inspection. Be sure the video is of your system and not some other customer’s lines.
- Do price comparisons on services so you know what to expect. Get more than one estimate.
- Check the contractor’s license.
- Do your research on drain lines, liners and drain cleaning companies before the inspection.
- Is the company a member of the Better Business Bureau? Research the company before bringing them to your home.
Use a drain cleaning company that’s been around for a while and knows the area you live in. Don’t hire an individual or company for a home improvement or repair project without doing your research. Ask family, friends, and co-workers for recommendations. When it comes to major repairs, you want someone trustworthy and reliable.
Korrect Plumbing, Heating & Air is committed to providing the Dayton, Ohio, area with courteous and professional service for both residential and commercial clients. Korrect plumbers are fully trained and licensed and are committed to answering questions directly and honestly while solving problems to your satisfaction.
If you are having a problem with a backed-up or slow drain, Korrect offers professional grade drain cleaning equipment to clean and maintain anything from a small sink or toilet drain up to 6″ main drain lines.
Korrect drain line services include:
- Video camera inspections – Cameras are used to show you any problems with your piping and where they are located. This is particularly helpful in the event you would need your line replaced or repaired.
- Jetting – Hydro jetting is a sewer cleaning process that works on various types and sizes of pipe, including storm and sewer drain systems. Unlike mechanical rodding (cable or snake), which just cuts a hole in the blockage, hydro jetting removes the blockage from the inner wall of the pipe, returning the pipe to its original diameter. This high-pressure cleaning is a proven solution for removing up to 100 percent of the grease, roots, and debris built up in the sewer lines.
Korrect has equipment on hand to excavate, repair, and restore water and sewer lines. Our operators and plumbers have been performing these repairs for years. Don’t trust your lines and lawns to just any plumber.