It’s likely that every homeowner will experience a plumbing problem sometime in their lifetime. There are a lot of simple plumbing problems that the average homeowner can take on as do-it-yourself projects, however, plumbing repairs can be costly, especially if they are not completed properly.
Simple things like a leaky faucet, a clogged drain or a toilet that won’t stop running are some of the easier tasks, but there some fixes that should be left to the pros. While some homeowners could be skilled enough to take care of these larger plumbing problems, it’s not always worth the hassle. Plumbers are skilled professionals who are dedicated to taking care of pipes and other issues that arise.
Here is a list of plumbing jobs that should always be left to pros:
- Pipe repairs and main line problems – If parts, fixtures or sections of the line need to be repaired, then a professional is needed. Special tools may be required for some of these repairs. If pipes need to be moved during a renovation, it’s best to call in a plumber.
- Leaky pipes – A leaky pipe is not an easy fix. There are a number of things that can cause a pipe to leak, and most of us aren’t qualified to diagnose and tackle a problem of this nature.
- Water heater repairs – When homeowners try to repair a water heater, they can make the problem worse. Anytime gas is involved, fire hazards are possible. Natural gas is explosive and can easily leak if not handled properly. Gas line connections should be properly tightened and tested for leaks.
- Low water pressure – There are many issues that can cause low water pressure. Hiring a plumber to find the answers will take less time and effort.
- Remodeling – When doing remodeling or renovation projects that involve moving plumbing fixtures, then you need to work with a plumber. While cosmetic changes may be easy, plumbing is something best left to a professional. Failing to attach plumbing fixtures properly can lead to major water damage and become a costly repair.
- Permits – If you are remodeling or renovating, it’s likely a permit will be required. Plumbers know the proper channels to go through for all the necessary permits. Moving or adding water lines can be tricky and will have to pass an inspection. It’s best to let the pro handle these parts of the job.
Plumbers have the knowledge and experience to handle even the toughest jobs:
- Plumbers are trained and know how to do a job right.
- They will protect your home – they know what it takes to fix plumbing issues without damaging your home.
- Plumbers can troubleshoot more serious plumbing problems. Ordinary leaks may not be so ordinary. Plumbers are experienced in handling all types of issues and can prevent serious problems in the future.
- Hiring a professional can save money in the long run, as they will use the right materials and the right tools for the job, from start to finish.
- Plumbers also can save you money by offering warranties on completed work. Warranties ensure that any future issues you have with your plumbing will be taken care of.
When a job is too complicated or dangerous, call in a professional. It will save you time, money and the worry.